Wednesday, January 03, 2007

Iraq Prime Minister Wishes He Could Quit


I would imagine that is a highly stressful job. Some people would love the opportunity to go down in history as a person who fought for what they believed in, stood up for their country in their country's time of need. Some people would jump at the chance to go down in history as a national hero. Of course not all people are like that. I imagine actually, there are too few human beings with that kind of bravery. Take me for example, I wouldn't want to run a WalMart. And WalMart employees don't suicide bomb their manager's office.

Iraqi Prime Minister Nouri al-Maliki said in a published report that he wishes he could leave office before his four-year term is up and would not run again. "I didn't want to take this position," al-Maliki told the Wall Street Journal in an interview published Tuesday. "I only agreed because I thought it would serve the national interest, and I will not accept it again."

Now how could a country fail with that kind of leadership?

Al-Maliki became prime minister in May 2006, and his time in office has been defined by a surge in sectarian violence and lack of progress in improving services, curbing soaring unemployment and fighting crime.

Sounds kind of like Bush's term in office.

1 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

I think he thought it would be a cake walk with the US doing all the policing...little did he know, he had to do something like "LEAD"
...Boy! who those that mirror here
in the US.

January 04, 2007 12:33 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home