Monday, November 14, 2005

Rice Wants Free Movement for Palestinians

Hey I’m all for a persons right to move around in a free and aimless fashion. The problem here is Palestinians have a tendency to end their scenic strolls with a blast containing steel ball bearings.

Secretary of State Condoleezza Rice met with Israeli Prime Minister Ariel Sharon early Monday. She praised Sharon for his "courage in having led the successful disengagement of Israel from Gaza."
Since when does disengagement involve firing missiles into Palestinian automobiles in Gaza? If I was hitting your house with a baseball bat and walked across the street and started throwing rocks through your window have I truly disengaged from destroying your fucking property? Well congrats Sharon on at least reinvented the whole disengaging process. I guess this means when I disengage from stalking my ex-girlfriend I can still steal her mail.

Condoleezza Rice looked forward to continuing to work with Sharon "towards a two-state solution in which Israel and the Palestinians can live in peace, free of terror, side by side in a more democratic and a free Middle East that is truly at peace."
You probably have a better chance of winning the Daytona 500 in a solar powered wheelchair but I don’t want to rain on the parade or anything.

“And let us be very clear about one other matter," Rice said. "Dismantling the infrastructure of terrorism is essential for peace because in the final analysis no democratic government can tolerate armed parties with one foot in the realm of politics and one foot in the camp of terrorism.”
It’s one or the other, either politics or terrorism. Can’t go having the best of both worlds Palestinians. Psst. If you do it right though, rarely can you tell the difference between politicians and terrorists.

Do I think Palestinians should have the freedom of movement? Yes. Do I think they need to be watched? Yes. Do I think peace will ever fall upon that region of this planet? Not without a big bomb. What I find the most amusing about this is that an American and an Israeli got together today to discuss the possibility of allowing another group of people to travel freely around their own soil. When I get home tonight I’m going to get my next-door neighbor and we’re going to walk across the street and tell my across-the-street neighbor he is no longer allowed to leave his house and see how well it goes. Guaranteed he fires a homemade rocket into my garage by dinnertime. That’s human nature.

1 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Nothing quite as funny as the truth. Keep it up Maddy!

November 14, 2005 9:21 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home