Saturday, December 01, 2007

Show seeks to love match migrants and U.S. citizens

I have to read up on the Book of Revelations but I'm pretty sure this is in there.

A Los Angeles company is touting a new reality game show called "Who Wants to Marry a U.S. Citizen" that aims to create televised matrimony between legal citizens and immigrants who have temporary visas.

That's it, I am sealing up the doors and windows in my house with brick and am not coming out anymore. You've all gone completely insane and I'm tired of watching the world regress back into whatever crawled out of the ocean millions of years ago. Sad part is people will watch this as if people's struggle to become a US citizen to maybe better their lives is entertainment. You all make me sick. Where's my pistol?

The show's backers at Morusa Media hope to make a sort of love match between reality TV and a national obsession with immigration.

Sure, turning an immigrant's hopes of one day calling America home into a game show in which they'll have to marry a complete stranger in order to maybe better their financial or relgious or political freedom is a great idea. Remind me how gay marriage is ruining the institution of marriage.

But the producers make no promise that a marriage will occur or lead to U.S. citizenship.

So you're saying the shows a scam already. Nice.

Show creator Adrian Martinez said that Morusa Media has not yet found a network to produce or air the show.

FOX network picks it up in 3,2...

"It's this generation's 'Dating Game,' but with a twist -- it aims to show love knows no borders," Martinez told Reuters.

"Well, it has borders, but, we're jumping over them."
I hate this world.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home